Monday, September 13, 2021

Falling

 I open my eyes one fine day,

To find myself hanging on a cliff at bay

I focus my mind on how I got there

But fail as if my memory wasn’t there

I find it hard to understand, How I ended here 

The earth seems moving, the sky seems falling

I thought to myself it was heaven calling

I prayed my last as breath seems to fade fast

My fingers slipped, my strength dipped

And I started falling off the cliff

I dropped faster and my head felt lighter

Like an untethered kite or a swift feather

I saw myself going down a gorgeous ravine

I crash on the ground and stare up the sky

To see my life flickering by

Today I see how empty I have been

And know I can't come clean

I lay life deprived, I know I don’t have a reprieve

I close my eyes and the last of my breath slips by…….

And then I hear a voice.. You keep falling from the bed again dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment